New frontiers in Water Management
Water is one of the world’s most valuable resource, the basis of life on planet Earth. However, little effort is made to preserve and manage it properly, leading to a drastic scenario where it is predicted that, within 20 years, almost a third of the world’s population will have insufficient supply of water.
Considering this, it is surprising that many of the world’s water networks still lose around half of the available resource through leakage from the pipes, causing a monetary drawback, as well as an environmental one. On average, non-revenue water, water that is lost due to infrastructure, equipment and supply inefficiencies, accounts for 28% of the water supplied on a global level.
Moreover, Utilities companies that manage water supply and distribution run the risk of facing severe crises, as collecting outstanding bills from their customers during COVID has become a big challenge. According to some pre-COVID numbers, approximately 10% consumers do not pay their bills and this number is significantly increasing due to pandemic, especially in developing countries.
Indeed, in-person visits to read water consumption or to complete payment procedures are now prohibited by law or declined by consumers. This dramatically increases field and operational costs or even makes operations impossible.
The cost increase that companies are facing might lead to job cuts and poorer service quality, unless Water Utilities start embracing cost-effective smart water meter projects. Digital Transformation 4.0 and technology can help stay responsive and resourceful by deploying smart metering systems to replace outdated, expensive and labor-intensive processes. Additionally, Water Utilities are able to lower costs and ensure a timely response to critical issues.
Why to choose smart water solutions?
Everynet and HDM Group offer an end-to-end solution to smart water metering which allows to cost-effectively communicate, transmit data and provide alerts, in spite of urban density, physical obstacles and traffic or weather conditions. Furthermore, the solution correlates all incoming data and visually displays key metrics on a customized dashboard to take actionable insights. It even allows for daily calculations of several key performance indicators for the water grid: volume of water supplied, volume of water consumed, apparent losses, grid output, and operational efficiencies. All key water data are transmitted over the network, avoiding having field personnel exposed to any risk during the pandemic. Embracing the Digital Transformation with Everynet and HDM Group provides the following benefits to utility companies:
- Remote Metering: Measuring usage data through a wireless technology that works in dense urban environments, indoors and underground increases efficiency and eliminates the need for manual checks.
- Leak Detection: Instant detection of anomalies and failure points is critical and saves up to 25% of the water produced. This can be achieved by exploiting water pressure and flow measurements through piping networks.
- Customer Service: Promote a transparent communication with your final customers, allowing them to get access to data concerning their water consumption.
- Remote Pump Monitoring: Remote monitoring systems can reduce an energy bill by up to 25 percent if pressure and usage data are monitored using a wireless technology.
- Waste Reduction Because of real-time data gathering, proactive and corrective actions are encouraged and less water is wasted.
- Data-driven Decision Making Being able to access an incredible amount of data in real time helps to get precise insights and make informed decisions.
Thanks to their synergy, Everynet and HDM group are able to offer innovative and technologically advanced solutions. The aim is to create high-performance, customized solutions, built on customer's specific requirements through careful technological scouting and engineering.
Curious to know more?
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.everynet.com
email@example.com | www.hdmgroup.it
About Everynet BV
The Global Leader in Ultra Low-Cost IoT Connectivity
Everynet is a global LoRaWAN network operator and provides carrier grade networks in Asia, EMEA, and the Americas. Everynet’s Neutral Host network model enables Mobile Network Operators, MVNO’s, and Global MSP’s to offer ultra-low cost IoT immediately and profitably with ZERO upfront CAPEX. Everynet makes IoT accessible across any industry to enable enterprise-grade solutions and is deployed using LoRaWAN technology, the globally-adopted open standard for IoT connectivity. For more information, visit www.everynet.com
About HDM srl
HDM Group is a company that, through its continuous research activities in the IoT world and decades of experience in the world of big data and hardware design, is able to offer its customers a full integration system service at 360 degrees. Our activities include the entire EMEA area. For more information, visit www.hdmgroup.it